Six Steps to find the PI that’s right for you
Deciding to hire a private investigator to determine the fidelity of a partner is never easy. If suspicious or unusual behaviour has you questioning your relationship, then it’s probably a good idea to find a Brisbane private investigator. PIs are well trained in investigating and can deliver the truth you deserve. To find the right PI for you, here are six steps to consider.
1. Start by considering referrals from trusted sources. Because of the sensitivity of an infidelity investigation, you might not be able to ask for recommendations from friends or family. If that’s not an option, then you may be able to find a Brisbane PI through a reputable barrister or another legal body like the Attorney General’s office. There are of course Brisbane private investigators with online ratings. These types of recommendations may not always be as trusted.
2. Ensure the investigation firms on your list are licensed. Brisbane PIs operate under Security Providers Act. Licenses are administered by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). The OFT has eligibility requirements that include: 1. Minimum age of 18 2. Successful completion of the OFT’s training course 3. Must be an appropriate person Why should you look for a license? It is an indicator of experience and also that the PI is legitimate.
3. Perform a character check. When considering different private investigators, you should have an initial chat with them. This consultation is typically at no charge, so use it to do your own investigation. Ask pertinent questions about how they operate. Ask specific questions related to your case. The answers can give you an expectation that the firm either does or does not act discretely and legally.
4. Determine their level of experience. When selecting a PI to investigate alleged infidelity, you’ll want to choose a firm that has extensive experience in this type of investigation. With experienced investigators working for you, they’ll know what course of action to take that provides answers to you quickly.
5. Understand costs and fees. You’re entering into a business arrangement with a PI, so the conversation about money should happen sooner rather than later. Ask for estimates related to hourly fees. If you’re being offered a flat fee for an investigation, be sure you understand what’s included and what’s not. Being clear about charges up front will create expectations.
6. Go with your gut. The matter of investigating a partner is delicate. You may already be very emotional so you should find a PI that makes you feel comfortable from the initial conversation. Sometimes it’s not what someone says but how they say it. Your own intuition is typically a good indicator of character. You certainly don’t want to choose an investigator that’s pushy or pressuring you. You should make the decision based on your needs and feelings.
How we can help
Our professional private investigators in Brisbane have the expertise and experience to investigate your suspicions quickly and efficiently. That way, you get answers sooner. We are professional and understand the delicacy of such a situation. We’ll support you and are available to you at most any time. Any questions you have, we’re here to answer. Stop wondering, and find out the truth today. Our private investigators in Brisbane understand the importance of discretion. We also offer a variety of cost effective solutions and confidential payment options so as not to alert your partner.